Saturday, March 8, 2008

Ark Day - March 4th

My sister, Melissa, gave me this fun idea - her daughter has received Ark Day stuff from a nice neighbor for the last couple of years. I made the ark out of popsicle sticks - lots of popsicle sticks. I used a hot glue gun to build it - and I only had a few mishaps with the hot glue.....but all of my fingers have recovered most feeling! I lined the ark with tissue paper and then filled it with frosted animal crackers.....a fun and inexpensive idea -however, it is a little time consuming.

Here is a copy of the poem that we attached.

After Noah loaded the ark,
It rained for forty nights and forty days
Most of the animals didn’t complain
They thought the ark was a pretty nice place to stay.

The only one to complain was the bunny, Winky
After a while it did start to get pretty stinky.

The rain waters covered the land,
But Noah fed all the animals by hand.

When the ark finally stopped,
The animals were so happy they hopped!

“What way are we facing?” - Most of them thought north,
So, old Noah let down the ramp - And said March Forth!

Happy Ark Day
(March 4th)