Saturday, March 8, 2008

Kenneth's Cooking Night

I am trying to convince Kenneth that he should be responsible for dinner one night a week. This means that he gets to plan the menu and be the official chef of the evening. I am mostly there just to answer questions. Well.......last week he decided that he wanted tomato soup and melted cheese sandwiches. He got the bread out and put the cheese on it. I told him to turn the oven on to broil. He pushed the broil button, but didn't realize that he had to push the start button. So 5 minutes later we realized that the oven was not ready. He got the oven turned on the second time and I told him to go ahead and put the sandwiches in on the top tray and melt the cheese. Silly me, I didn't think to tell him that it only took a minute or two and that he had to watch it closely. As I was cleaning the table off so that we could set it, I smelled something burning and realized that the sandwiches were still in the oven.....this is the result -
So he started over and the second attempt turned out great and we had a good laugh. I think that next time he will remember to watch them closely.....I am just glad they didn't start on fire!!

No comments: