Wednesday, September 24, 2008

First Day of Middle School

This post is about a month overdue - oh well - better late than never! This is Kenneth all ready to tackle his first day at the middle school. I think he is pretty excited about rotating classes (he has 8 classes a day) and he is happy to have a locker. So the day started off great.....until we tried to get him on the bus - but he eventually made it to the right school.
Then around 4:30 I was starting to get a little concerned because he wasn't home yet. I had already called the bus department twice that day, because his morning bus didn't pick him up where it was suppose to.......All I got was conflicting information and no one really knows what is going on........I still don't know if they have figured it out yet.
Finally around 5pm this is how he arrived home:

Nice!!!! I send my happy kid off to his first day of middle school and he ends up coming home in a cop car!!!! At least he didn't do anything bad......the bus system was even more screwed up in the afternoon and the resource office (who is also our neighbor) ended up bringing him home. At least he made it home safe and had a good first day!

3 comments:

Kendra@My Insanity said...

I think I would have had a heart attack when that cop car pulled up! I can't believe he is that old now. We really haven't seen you guys for a while, have we?

Jon and Annalisa said...

Woah! I need an email explaination of all what on earth happened! You need responsible bus drivers like Jamie in Rigby.

J and D said...

Ha ha! LOL Too funny. I know it's frustrating when it's hapening, but what a memorable story! Hang in there Mindy!