Saturday, January 2, 2010

Bountiful Baskets

I picked up my 3rd basket of produce through a co-op named Bountiful Baskets - and we love it! There is one opening in Rigby on January 16th if you are interested. The delivery is every other Saturday, and I have been driving to either Idaho Falls or Rexburg to pick it up, so I am happy there is going to be one so close. This is what we picked up today:


This is a picture of our first basket.

Our only problem is we now have an over abundance of oranges. I have been able to use, freeze, or give away to family members the rest of this healthy food.

So what does this cost? Only $16.50 per basket! Since it is a co-op, not a business, we pool the money and then they buy produce at wholesale prices.

The only down side is that we are never sure what we are going to get. Like this week, I am not sure what I am going to do with a bunch of brussel sprouts - but it gives us the opportunity to try new things that we wouldn't otherwise even think about.

If you want a basket you have to make your contribution between Tuesday at noon (sometimes it opens earlier) and Wednesday at 10pm. The next order will open on January 12th. Go to Bountiful Baskets if you want to order.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow Mindy I think that I would really love to do this. Being we should all eat healther any ways. I also loved this summer where I was always eating fresh vegies out of the garden.