Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Food Storage Item of the Week

Have you ever wondered what an entire year supply of sugar would look like?

Well, this is what ours looks like. At least I can check one item off of my food storage list. We now have our year supply of sugar!!!! Albertson's has a sale this week on 5 lb bags of sugar for $1.75....which is the best deal I have seen in a while. So I ended up getting 200 lbs which came to $70....however, I still had 2 catalinas from the soup sale last week...so I ended up paying only $50 for the sugar. I am pretty excited to cross this off the list....now how to store it......
Does anybody have suggestions.....should I put it in buckets?? - regular lids or gamma lids???.....or should I seal it in #10 cans from the cannery??????? How do you store your sugar?

1 comment:

KT said...

Good for you to get that! It was a great deal!

We use 18 gallon bucket and just put the bags in there then rotate accordingly.

Sam spreads some diatamatious (sp) earth on it too to keep it from getting all nappy... have Mad Dog ask Sam about it at work if you want to know more.

I love food storage and I am loving your blog!

We need to get all the leo's wives in town together for some fun times this year! I still don't know why we all don't hang out!