Thursday, February 19, 2009

Thrifty Thursday

One of my friends at work was asking what a catalina is - so here is a picture....I have 2 catalinas left over from my shopping trip to Albertsons this morning. I got the $10 one for buying 10 GM products that are on sale this week. The $3.50 one is for buying 5 fruit snacks/roll-ups in one transaction (which also goes toward the 10 GM products....yeah!!).

My receipts to show what I really paid (double click on the picture to see up close) ...I had to do 3 transactions....I broke it down into 10 items per transaction so that I could roll the $10 catalina from each transaction.

So ... this is what I ended up with today....none of which I would buy at full price. However, with coupons and the good deal that Albertson's has going on....I paid OOP $19.84....but I still have the 2 catalinas to use next week.....so net for the trip today is..............$6.34!!!!

I ended up getting:

12 Progresso soup
6 Fruit Roll-ups
4 Fruit Snacks
4 Chex Mixes (Cheddar is the best)
2 tubes of crescent rolls
2 Peanut butter cookie mixes (these are good)

1 comment:

J and D said...

TEACH ME!! I LOVE to shop with coupons, but I don't think even I get THAT good of a deal!