Monday, February 23, 2009

Victory at Walgreen's - Finally!!!

I finally have figured out how to work the best deal at Walgreen's..... This week they have Reynold's wrap on sale - there is a coupon in their weekly ad that brings the price down from $1.59 to $.89. However, I had a coupon from the Sunday paper for $1.00 off. The problem that I have always run into is that if your coupon value is greater than the item, then the register beeps and won't accept the coupon. But, tonight I finally figured it out - you have to present the coupons in the correct order to get it to work correctly. After the casheir rang up my items, I gave him my manufacturer coupons and then I had him scan the coupons from their weekly flyer which reduced the cost even more!!! I purchased 4 rolls of foil and 4 candy bars (B1G1 Free - stacking a Walgreen's coupon and a manufacturer's coupon) and spent a total of ........................$.46 which includes $.32 in tax.
Gotta love free chocolate!!!!

No comments: