Thursday, April 2, 2009

Potato Bread Recipe


I had a request for my bread recipe that I talked about here. It is nice to know that people are actually reading this blog!!! (Thanks, Wendi)
White Potato Bread
3 cups warm water
1/8 cup oil
6 cups flour
1/6 cup sugar
1 T salt
3/4 cup potato pearls
1 T yeast

Combine ingredients in breadmaker according to your breadmaker directions.
(If you make the mix shown in the previous post, I put all of the dry ingredients in the mix except for the yeast. Then all you have to do is put water, oil, bread mix, and yeast in - it is a big time saver.)
Set breadmaker on dough cycle. I always check about 30 minutes before the cycle is over and punch the dough down. On lightly floured surface, separate dough and knead into 2 loaves. Place in baking pans and let rise. Bake at 350 for 42 minutes. Remove from pans and lightly spread butter on top of loaves.

The original recipe called for mashed potatoes - which works great if you have some leftovers, but I found that the potato pearls work great.

I have also made this recipe using my Kitchen Aid mixer using the dough hook. It works, but I like the convenience of the breadmaker.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: