Monday, March 30, 2009

Holy Cereal Batman!!!!

I made my first trip to Albertson's today for cereal - and it was great!!! I purchased 10 Trail Mix Crunch - the only flavor they had was Cranberry Vanilla - but it is good! I also picked up 5 boxes of Honey Bunches of Oats. I did this in three transactions - that is why you see 3 receipts.
Transaction #1 - 5 Trail Mix Crunch. Total with tax was $8.85. I used (4) $2 coupons from here for a total of $8 off. Out of pocket I paid $.85. Then after I paid I received a catalina for $5 off my next purchase.
Transaction #2 - Repeat the first transaction again.
Transaction #3 - 5 Honey Bunches of Oats. The total with tax came to $8.85. I used a catalina from the previous transaction and only paid $3.85 out of pocket. Then another catalina printed out.
So..... I spent $5.55 out of pocket, and walked away with 15 boxes of cereal and $10 in catalinas to use on my next trip.
I am waiting for some coupons I ordered on Ebay to get here before I go buy more (the Select varieties). I took my sister with me to show her how it works and we ended up with a great cashier (at the Rexburg store) who knew exactly what to do and it went pretty quick. Between the two of us we had 9 transactions. If you are going to do this I highly recommend that you use cash to speed the process up.
What a great way to start the week!!! Has anybody else tried this yet?
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Lynne said...

How do you order coupons on ebay?

Mindy said...

I went to ebay and searched for "Post cereal coupons". There are tons of auctions for coupons of all sorts. Most of them come in lots. I bid on one auction and got 20 coupons for the same item. I purchased mine on Saturday and they were in my mailbox on Tuesday afternoon. I make sure to check where they are being sent from. Mine came from a seller in California in hopes they would arive sooner - which I was happy they did! I paid $2 total for $20 in coupons.

J and D said...

Oh Mindy.... TAKE ME SHOPPING WITH YOU! =)