Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Grocery Deals of the Week


The best deal I see at Albertson's this week is cheese. They have assorted varities of 2 lb. bricks on sale for $3.99. The picture shows medium cheddar, colby jack, and mozarella. Cheese will last a long time in the fridge if unopened. When a good deal like this comes along, I like to buy a couple bricks of each flavor and shred them, using my kitchen aid. I package them in about 8 oz servings in freezer bags. Putting them in smaller packages makes it quicker to thaw, and I have already measured it so I can just toss it in when ready. This is a big time and money saver.



Smith's ad this week has the mega sales event still going. When you buy 10 mega savings items you save $5. You can buy 30 items per transaction for a total of $15 savings per transaction. One example of a good deal - they have 32 oz Powerade on sale for $.49.

No comments: