Friday, March 13, 2009

Food Storage Items of the Week

UPDATE: I went Saturday to check on the pasta - and they had it in stock!!! I was pretty shocked. They do have a limit of 30 to a customer, but I understand that. They still had plenty of spaghetti, but the other types were pretty much gone by the time I left. The cashier said that they have more coming in the first of the week and to check back if I wanted more....duh, of course I want more!! I ended up with 30 lbs of pasta for only $15.
I was pretty excited to see the Smith's ad this week. They have American Beauty pasta on sale for $.49 for a 16 oz bag. They also have extra lean hamburger on sale for $1.89/lb. I went to the store on Thursday and was very disappointed - they were out of pasta already. They said a few people came in and totally wiped them out. They did tell me there was another shipment coming in and to check back. However, the sale is limited to 30 items per purchase - so they are going to try and limit each customer to only 30 items so that everyone can have a chance to get some. I am going to check again tomorrow to see if they have any in stock - if not I will check and see if they will do a raincheck for me. Milk and cheese are also a decent price - but you can get a 2 lb block of cheese at Fred Meyer for $3.99 - limit 2.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: