Thursday, March 5, 2009

Food Storage Item of the Week

I had never been to Smith's Food and Drug until tonight. I have heard people talk about them, but I haven't found much positive information about the store in Idaho Falls. So I thought I would check it out for myself. I was pleasantly surprised with the store....I thought it would be old and rundown, but it appeared to be a very nice store. We wandered around for a bit just so I could see what they offered. I did go for one item in particular. They have boneless, skinless chicken breasts on sale for $1.69/lb. I still have chicken in the freezer, but for this price, I couldn't pass it up. (I keep telling Mike that we need to get another freezer, but he doesn't agree.) I aksed the cashier how I could get a fresh values card, and he said that they were out and waiting for more to come in. However, he was more than happy to scan a card he had at the register so that I could get the advertised price on particalar items. I think I will have to start watching their flyer closer now for good deals.
They also have milk on sale for $1.89/gallon.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I often see meat at a great deal at Smiths. If only I didn't usually lose out and get the grumpy cashiers...
You know, I saw an ad in the Thrifty Nickel for an upright 7.5 cu ft freezer for $190...
check it out online on american classifieds! We have our chest freezer, upright and the fridge/freezer and we need another one this year, lol!