Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sunday Thoughts

Feeling Sour?
Squeeze in some time for others .
Kindness and service bring sweetness to your life.
This is so true!
I found myself having a pity party a couple of weeks ago. So I put together a daily plan for myself. It is a quick worksheet that helps me to outline my day. One of the sections of the page is for service. I have found that there are many opportunities to serve that don't take a lot of time. I made bread a few days ago and I wanted to give a loaf away. I wasn't sure who to give it to - so I got in my car and just drove around my ward until I felt like I was in the right place - it didn't take long to know where I should make my stop.
Service can be a variety of things. It could mean making an effort to smile at a stranger that day. Sometimes you don't plan service, it just happens. Like helping a mom at the grocery store with her 3 young children that are tired and cranky. It only takes a moment, but to that mom it could be a life saver. A quick phone call or email are both great forms of service that can help others to realize that people care about them. Another form of service that I have been trying to focus on is service to my family. Making sure that I go the extra mile to do nice things for them.
Making sure that I include at least one service oriented task every day for the last couple of weeks has really helped me to have a better attitude.

No comments: